Saturday, September 17, 2011

DOWN

I get made fun of alot for the music I listen too. Especially by my own wife and friends. But I can't help it. I love the speed, the throbbing bass, the energy that metal brings to the table, and last light was no exception.......

I haven't seen Phil Anselmo since '94. I was eighteen years old. Phil was the lead singer of Pantera back then. When I saw Phil last night he looked exactly the same, even though he is in his forties now. Same shaved head, new tattoos, same raw aggressive energy. Made me feel like I was 18 again.

So, here's a (non-political) question for you guys. What brand of music do you like? Who are some of your favorite bands?

5 comments:

  1. Johnny O',

    My all time favorite band is Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Allmans are a tight second.

    My favorite singer is Merle Haggard, who Ronnie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd called "the greatest songwriter of all time."

    As a youth of 13-35, I could always be counted on to sing along with Black Sabbath, and I would vote for Ozzy for Emperor of the World.

    My radio in the truck is set to the classic country station, but when they are broadcasting a sporting event, I switch to the classic rock station.

    I have no use for rap or opera, but can listen to classical stuff like Bach and Mozart, or the Beastie Boys and Run DMC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGP- You sound like a "Simpl Man".
    I like Skynard too. I like a few of Allman Bros. songs, but never got into them too much.

    As far as Sabbath. What can I say. They started that whole melodic heavy sound that I love. Gotta say "Black Sabbath" is probably my all-time fav.

    I love classical. Probably because I grew up playing piano. Beethoven and Bach is just simply beautiful music.

    I find it ironic that the best selling rap band of all time, is 3 jews from Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.O.B.,

    It would be easier for me to tell you what I don't like - I have no Rap (is that really "music?"), Jazz, or Bluegrass on my IPOD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CS- Rap is not music in my eyes. Sampling requires no instrumental talent.

    I do like Jazz however. Wonderful musicians in my mind.

    I don't even know what bluegrass sounds like. Kind of funny, considering that my parents came from Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Johnny,

    I forgot to mention - greatest Rock n' Roll song ever:

    Layla - by Eric Clapton.

    ReplyDelete