Monday, October 10, 2011

Thank You CS

Even though we are at an impasse on the NFL, I do enjoy a spirited debate, and for that I thank you.

But just so you know, don't go too hard on your neighbors, because the NFL is a wonderful escapism. And the Washington Redskins are a wonderful story thusfar. They are in 1st place in the NFC East, but what makes it special for your neighbors, is the fact that no analyst or sportswriter predicted them too be where they are now. Dallas, Philly, and the NY Giants............ Noone even mentioned the Redskins.
Everyone loves an underdog...............................................

3 comments:

  1. Johnny,

    No problem - I generally don't parade around with a sign or anything. We had a guy at our church who loved the Redskins. Every Sunday he would come up to me and you could see the conflict in his eyes, He knew I didn't care - but he couldn't help himself. He would blurt out his analysis of the day's contest and I would listen politely.

    I went to his funeral and they had the whole chapel decked out in his Redskins paraphernalia and fishing gear (his second greatest passion). I suppose I'm happy that he got the opportunity to handicap the defense, passing game, or quarter back match-ups for me season after season. I didn't care, he knew it, but in the end, it didn't matter.

    I suppose there are any number of people at my church who are thinking "Oh no, here he comes to tell me what an ass-bag Obama is again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. CS,

    You keep up the good fight on Obama. You need a tambourine and a choir to back you up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tenth,

    They were hitting the fund raising beat real hard for the past several weeks at our church. I told the preacher that while I appreciated the situation they were in, I also was giving to the Republican Party as they were the only Party that actually believed in God.

    I'm not sure he appreciated that way I was apportioning my tithing.

    ReplyDelete