Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dedicated to my buddy.............NON

"Before asking for comments on this subject, maybe you should run a piece explaining (in simple terms) how the United States' Government works." 
I'll give it a shot.....................................................

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it...................................................
Is that good?

"I wonder if a Republican controlled Senate has anything to do with the content of bills arriving for President Obama's signature."...........................................
The Senate is the SECOND step of the process. The H.O.R. is the first.

"The Republicans in the U.S. Senate during the Presidency of Barack H. Obama dictated the makeup of bills sent to the White House."............................................
That is 100% wrong. They are initiated by The House......Makeup starts in the H.O.R.

"Tully, you need some schoolin' in the basics of U.S. Government. You call people names when you don't even know how the U.S. Senate works. You mean to tell me you never even wondered why some bills never got out of the Senate?"...............................................
 If the Senate does not concur with a bill sent to them by the HOR, it does not reach the President.

"The original topic was promises not kept by President Obama. Do explain how he could get legislation passed if the bills couldn't even get out of the Senate. I don't even think FOX News would blame a Democrat controlled Senate for this. Have you ever heard FOX News blame a Democrat controlled Senate for nonpassage of legislation? Or, to be more precise, blame the President for not getting promised legislation passed because of a Democrat controlled Senate?".........................
The original topic was CAMPAIGN promises not kept by President Obama. Maybe when I don't have a life, I will start posting the CAMPAIGN promises Not kept by all 535 members of congress. For now, The President will have to do.

 "Seems some commenters here missed that information in high school. Oops, maybe it's because they didn't "graduate" from high school. I know with the all volunteer military, the enlistment requirements were lowered drastically. And with a GED, a course in social studies is not required."..................................................
I can only assume by this part of your comment, you are calling some enlistmen idiots. You will come to find out a few things about me. I am very fair, I do not moderate. I do not participate in personal attacks on commentors. I hold the U.S military in my heart. I always try my best to keep an open mind to all comments, and ideas..................But I also have 2 family members and more friends than I can count, that served/serving in our military. Some were injured, and 4 of them lost their lives, and they did it for OUR freedom. My freedom to have a blog, and participate in discussion. And your freedom, to come onto my blog, and call them idiots...DON'T FUCKING EVER DO THAT AGAIN! Please........

Hope this all helped

7 comments:

  1. God Bless you Johnny - well and faithfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny,

    I appreciate your heartfelt praise for our servicemen. You do yourself proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't like that kind of free speech. Maybe it's personal, maybe heartfelt. To me, it just shows a lack of respect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to try to stir up anything, but have you ever noticed who doesn't comment on your welcome home posts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I have. but I would rather have no comment, compared to a degridation of our servicemen. As I've said, I never served, but I know plenty who have. And those kinds of thoughts bother me, on a personal level.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. No comment is better than a bad comment. But in a way, no comment is a bad comment. Like during the hurricane. No good wishes, before or after. I call it a lack of character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since when did liberals have character?

    Jon, well done!

    ReplyDelete