Saturday, May 12, 2012

What are Liberals going to do now ?

The biggest argument the Left has had about Romney is the 'ol Flip Flop. I guess that just went up in smoke. Let's go over this step by step. Here's an interesting article you may want to read.

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/Windy-City-Times-exclusive-Obamas-Marriage-Views-Changed-WCT-Examines-His-Step-Back/20524.html

Now I would like to examine that article. I'll give you a quick walk through. In 1996, Barack Obama was running for Illinois State Senate. At that time, he was a firm supporter of same sex marriage. He was running in the 13th District which encompasses UIC. The kids there probably looked at him as a hip young politician. In 2004 he did an about face. He now supported civil unions, but was against same sex marriage. Oh, I forgot to mention he was running for U.S. Senator at the time. He has staunchly been against same sex marriage since..

                      UNTIL NOW
Just last week the President came out in full support of Same Sex Marriage, and equal rights to same sex couples wanting to marry. Here is a quote from the ABC interview with Robin Roberts.

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or Marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."

So the President had a change of heart. His view on this has evolved, and has nothing to do with politics. He's a great man who has made history (Again) by becoming the first sitting President to endorse same sex marriage. That's pretty much what I've read on some Liberal blogs. I would like to offer you this, from the above article.


Barack Obama: I am a fierce supporter of domestic-partnership and civil-union laws. I am not a supporter of gay marriage as it has been thrown about, primarily just as a strategic issue. I think that marriage, in the minds of a lot of voters, has a religious connotation. I know that's true in the African-American community, for example. And if you asked people, 'should gay and lesbian people have the same rights to transfer property, and visit hospitals, and et cetera,' they would say, 'absolutely.' And then if you talk about, 'should they get married?', then suddenly ...

So where does the strategy fall this time. It can't be strategic, it must be from the heart. Right? Wrong again Obama supporters. Obama has lost some of the Hispanic vote that he once had in '08. So where could he tap into? Homosexuals. An untapped resource for a President running for re-election. Some might think this could actually hurt him with the black vote, since a lot of black citizens are against homosexual marriage. But don't worry, our benevolent leader already thought of that one.

http://newsone.com/2015121/sharpton-obama-marriage-equality/

No worries, Reverend Al and the NAACP are on the case.

OH! I'm sorry, did I fail too mention that you are a flip-flopping piece of shit. My apologies President Obama. You deserve much better.


2 comments:

  1. How does same sex marriage affect you or anyone else? So, the President's views evolved. So, what? I don't give a fuck if two faggots ot two butches get hitched.
    Come on! We have more pressing issues that need
    addressed....


    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarge- Welcome Brother. Before I reply, just some quick history. I have some friends on the Right and some on the Left. You will find that I am very much in the middle. What you will also find is that I do not endorse Obama, and will not vote for him in November. Never vote for a politician from Chicago.

      In response to your post, I agree 100%. I don't see Same Sex marriage adversely effecting anyone. Except for the gross out factor, but then again I don't much appreciate a man's tongue shoved down a woman's throat in public either. I am pointing out the bullshit factor in this new stance the President has. No one will ever convince me that he had a change of heart. It's all about strategy and votes which he even admits to in the "Windy City Times" article. Just looking to garner votes.

      Delete