Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dear Sandy Hook parents.

 By now, your worst nightmares have been held true and then some. You are in the process of burying your child(ren), or setting up arrangements. Your broken hearts have been polarized on television. In newspapers. And on blogs. By now, a lot of Liberals have communicated their opinion on what would have helped your child. Same is to be said about Conservatives and their opinions.
  I offer no opinion. But I offer you my apology. About ten months ago, I purchased an assault rifle similar to the one that murdered your child. I had no need for this weapon other than gaining access to a stupid gun club that would not allow pistols any more. The pain that you feel I can not begin to imagine. Oh my god, I am so sorry. I can't help but think that I'm not the only one in our country that purchased a weapon like this, just because. I have a daughter of my own and my heart aches for you. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you all. My prayers will be with your children. I pray that they find the peace that failed them on Earth. I will also pray for you. Please stand fast. None of this was your fault. You did nothing wrong as parents, and I will pray that you someday can overcome your tragedy. Until then, I will do what I think a victim of this crime would expect......Again, I am so sorry and can only hope that you accept my apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment