Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Politics? AGAIN?

 I guess I just can't escape venting. Don't blame me though, there is some major retardation going on out there. And sometimes it is just too much for me to take. Today I was reading through the internet, when I stumbled upon a series of different articles that drove me nuts. On March 14th, Senator Rob Portman (R) of Ohio came out in support of Gay rights, and marriage equality. This occurred after Portman's son came out as a gay man.

 Now anyone that has read this blog knows of my life and gay rights. My Nephew made a big leap about 5 years ago and came out of the "closet". He admitted to me that he was gay, and was shown love and comfort by me with open arms. Since that day, I have been a strong advocate for marriage equality and gay rights. Because of my experience, I applaud Senator Portman. And that is where my disgust begins.

 First, I stumbled upon THIS article. Here is the opening paragraph from the piece.
"WASHINGTON -- Hypocrite. Narcissist. Wingnut. Bigot. Those are some of the epithets -- not counting the expletives -- that have been hurled at Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, since he announced Friday that he now supports same-sex marriage because his son is gay. But these epithets aren't coming from the right. They're coming from the left."
Absolutely amazing. To those Liberal heroes of the world that agree with this paragraph. You are complete and utter jerk offs. I really don't need to put it into words, since the article in the link does a pretty good job of that. But I would like to add one thing not found in the article. Everyone knows that The POTUS decided after long Dinners with his family that Gay Marriage is okay. This was deemed acceptable, and by most, a Way To Go Buddy moment. Obviously the same people who claim Sen. Portman's new thoughts on gay equality lack empathy are the same people that thought Obama's change of heart was way Cool. Of course what you Lefties fail to realize is that this is not the first change of heart the President has had on the subject. In fact, the President's view on marriage equality seams to change as often as Chicago's weather. Depending on whose vote is being courted of course. So do yourselves a favor Liberal detractors. Leave Sen. Portman be. Let him travel down this new road with the Son that he obviously loves. And wouldn't you prefer a Senator who writes laws from the heart, instead of the Church anyway?

 Second, If you haven't seen THIS article yet, feast your eyes. Here is a quote from the GingPac article.
"Homosexual sex is ultimately just as destructive as cocaine use. Would Portman suddenly call for the legalization of cocaine if his son had announced that he was a cocaine addict? Would that be “loving” and “compassionate”?"
To you Conservative freedom fighters that agree with this parsgraph, HOLY FUCK!!!! That is one of the most retarded things I have ever heard. I may have to bring the beat-off of the month contest back. You people can not possibly be ready to make this argument. Now I apologize if this offends anyone, but my wife and I still have oral sex. Are we fucked? Or is that okay since we are heterosexual? You are comparing a woman going down on another woman and a man going down on another man, to a powder that is made by manufacturing the Coca plant with Ether? Are you people fucking delirious? Hey Right Wing fucktards, you're against gay marriage, I get it. But when you claim that sexual acts performed by same sex partners is as destructive as Cocaine use. Well, now you are nothing but lost souls. I will say a prayer for you.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/03/19/4715115/liberals-reaction-to-portman-shows.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

  1. You seem surprised, JOB, that 'conservative' media denounced my senator's position on gays. What does the word, conservative mean? To me it means adherence to old ways, ancient ideas, past beliefs.

    After all, most fundamentalist Christians are conservative Republicans and they are shocked that a fellow Republican would hold a 'new' view.

    After all, the Bible says...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not surprised at the GOP response at all Muddy. I don't agree with, but I understand their loyalty to "The Good Book". My outright shock is that anyone would compare sexual acts by two consenting adults to that of drug addiction. Don't remember hearing that in the Bible.

    But what say you Muddy? How do you feel about Senator Portman's new view on same sex issues? Are you happy for his evolution? or are you Bill Maher cynical about it? He claimed on his show two weeks ago that it was too little too late. I disagree with that, but what do you think?

    ReplyDelete