Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Inevitable becomes the abnormally possible....... (Our Life- Part II)

 After only a couple of weeks of dating Megan, I knew she was the woman for me. But I had a problem. There was a woman (?) out there who was pregnant with my child. And I am not the kind of person that was ready to be a weekend Dad who had a whole different family. So for the first time in a while I was going to do something different. I was going to be 100% honest with this woman. I asked her to accompany me to Dinner at the Chop House on Ontario, which she happily obliged.

 At this point in my life, I was 28 years old, but I have had a lifetime worth of experiences, and regret. I wasn't about to add this woman to my regret list. As much as it sucked, I had to be honest. So during our salad course I let it rip. I told Megan how I was going to be a Father. "What do you mean going to be?" she asked. I explained  in detail the situation. I even informed her how I agreed to go to lamas and be in the birthing room. To my surprise she said, "Well that's great. I can't wait to meet your kid." At that point I was lost. I expected the worst, but got nothing less than full support from this woman. I informed her that I was having a Daughter  to which she replied, "Even better! I'm going to spoil the shit out of that kid and you can be there to deal with the mess. LOL" She literally laughed out loud while she said that.

 We finished The evening eating Filet and Crab legs, then dancing and cocktails. She came back to my place where we just talked all night. We talked about my life and my fears of being a Father. Most importantly, the history with my Dad which made me scared in the first place. We talked about her life and how she ended up being a 29 year old police officer who never married. We talked about my unborn child that I would be having with another woman. We talked about everything, and it was like nothing I had ever experienced. It was complete transparency without judgement. She wasn't judged and neither was I. My soul mate was found and I couldn't have been happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment